Sunday, May 30, 2010

Emmeline's 1st Birthday



Emmeline turned 1 at the beginning of this month.  I had a lot of fun planning it.  I didn't want to do anything too big and elaborate, so we had a simple flower theme.  I saw these pom poms on a blog I read.  I loved them, so I made a couple for the party.  They were easy to make, but they do take a little time.

This next idea come from 2 sources.  My amazingly creative friend Maren made this name banner for Emmeline for her baby shower last year.  Then I saw this banner on the same blog where I found the pom poms.  I really liked the the idea of having a picture of every month in the first year.  I changed it a little so it would be easier and quicker.  I love how it turned out.
Last but not least... the cake!  I really wanted to make a cake out of cupcakes.  I have seen a lot of people do cupcakes for children's birthdays.  I think the portion size is perfect for children as well as adults.  You can't feel guilty... it's just a little cupcake!  I searched online for some ideas and found this cake.




I used a triple chocolate fudge box cake.  This was her first time eating sweets, so I thought i would go all out.  It turned out so good and fluffy!  I bought vanilla and chocolate frosting from the store and colored it. That was pretty much all that went into the cake.  I baked it, arranged it and frosted it.  It really loved it and so did Emme!

2 comments:

  1. too funny. but not completely true. definitely from the shower i threw for you. but definitely not my idea! i'm such a copy cat, so i can't take credit. and i don't remember where i saw it, so i don't know who to give credit to! BUT, i'm glad to know you still have it and like it. :) leah and i had fun making it together. she mostly liked the pile of scrap paper it created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. after i made the banner, i was sweating bullets because i wasn't sure if i had spelled her name right! ha!

    ReplyDelete