Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quiet Book - Page by Page

Here is a picture of each page of the quiet book with a description if needed.

Page #1: Button Flowers
I finally figured out how to work the button and button hole settings on my sewing machine!

Page #2: Zipper Jacket
This was my first experience with a zipper.  It works, but just don't look too close!

Page #3: Colors (Snap Balloons)
I used embroidery floss to make an outline of each balloon in the matching color.  I used ribbon for the strings.

Page #4: Shapes
I also used embroidery floss here to make an outline of each shape.

Page $5: Piggy Bank/ Tithing
The slot below will also hold a pen/ pencil and a small notebook.  I made 10 coins out of felt to take from the piggy bank and put in the tithing envelope.

Page #6: Purse
I saw this on another blog, but modified it to how I wanted it.  The flap snaps shut.  There are 4 bracelets and a felt lipstick inside.


Page #7: Braiding
This is self explanatory.  There are different colored elastics in the pocket.


Page #8: Seasons Storage
This page has 4 pockets that hold pieces for the 4 different seasons on the next page.

Page #9: Seasons
Spring: Spring Leaves and a Spring Flower (the grass and sun are removable as well)

Summer: Full Summer Leaves and an American Flag

Fall: Fall Leaves and a Pumpkin

Winter: Snow Cloud, Snowman and Snowy Ground

Other weather: Gray Cloud, White Cloud, Rain Cloud

Page #10: Barn
The doors open to show a cow, a pig and a chicken in a little pocket.

The animals are finger puppets.

Page #11: Dressing People
The pocket below holds their clothes (which I still have to make!)

Page #12: Tic Tac Toe
There is an extra velcro strip to hold the pieces below.

Page #13: Shoe Lace

Page #14: Numbers/ Fruit & Vegetables
These pages were a lot of work, but I love how they turned out.
Numbers: 1 Banana, 2 Carrots, 3 Pineapples, 4 Pears, 5 Apples and 6 Strawberries.

Page #15: Numbers/ Fruit & Vegetables
Numbers: 7 Oranges, 8 Potatoes, 9 Peas and 10 Grapes.

Page #16: Alphabet Storage

Page #17: Alphabet
This page has 4 strips of velcro where you can spell words with the letters held in the pocket on the previous page.  (I only made the letters for Emme's name so far, but will make more in the future.)

Page #18: Puzzle Storage Page
This page has 3 pockets which store 3 different felt puzzles.

Page #19: Puzzle Page
This page has a space to assemble the 3 different puzzles.

Salt Lake Temple Puzzle:


Heart Puzzle:


Noah's Ark Puzzle:


Page #20: Clock
The hands on the clock have button holes.  The are held on by the button, which allows them to spin.
There you have it... all 20 pages of my quiet book.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  I would also love to see other people's quiet books.  I am still open to new fun ideas.

5 comments:

  1. SO MUCH WORK!!!
    That must have taken you a long time, but it looks amazing! I will hire you to make one for our kids someday - don't worry, you have a few years to recover from making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask how you sewed on the numbers on your clock? Are they made with felt? thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunnee, I'm sorry I haven't checked my blog in a while. I did make the clock numbers out of felt. I sewed the numbers onto the white clock face, then the white clock face onto the purple background. Let me know if you have any other questions!

      Delete
  3. Do you have templates that we could download? Amber
    amber.volle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quiet book pages! I recently made books for my own kids and drew a bit of inspiration from you! They're up on my blog if you want to check 'em out: http://babesindeutschland.com/2013/08/01/roras-felt-book/
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete